Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Remote from anywhere in the United States
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000
Enjoy the Journey With PixelSpoke!
PixelSpoke is a digital marketing agency that works with credit unions to create beautiful, easy-to-use, award-winning websites. As a B Corp and worker-owned cooperative, we believe that business can, and should be, a force for good. That means doing well by our team, our clients, and our community. We enjoy the journey (one of our core values) together every day by focusing on great work, authentic human connection, and meaningful social impact.
About the Position
As the Operations Specialist, you’ll support the Operations Manager in keeping our agency processes humming and the team’s schedules running smoothly. Your primary objective is to support our internal team, allowing them to focus on delighting our clients. You’ll be expected to do both high-level agency operations activities as well as execute on the daily administrative tasks that keep our business running smoothly.
Executing strongly on both operations management and administrative duties are equally important to the success of the team and company, and you’ll be key to making it happen.
You’ll work directly with the Operations Manager and the Client Services (and other team leaders) in three key areas:
- Agency Operations: Generating and updating weekly reports, sending and addressing feedback from our internal team surveys, managing our bi-annual NPS survey, providing basic sales and marketing support, coordinating internal meetings and daily Huddles, tracking and reporting of PTO, managing team schedules by adding all company-wide activities, ensuring updates from client projects are accounted for and addressed, and providing recommendations when freelancers are needed based on workload, and assisting the Operations Manager in other areas as needed.
- Client Services Support: Onboarding and reporting on client projects in our project management software, maintaining our Customer Relationship Management software, and assisting with presentation creation, note-taking, and other client services administrative duties as needed.
- Special Projects: Periodic key projects such as coordinating the annual company retreat, generating and tracking receipt of annual ongoing services agreements, managing our transition to a new password management system, and supporting the completion of our company’s annual and quarterly rocks (e.g. key priorities).
The Operations Specialist has an opportunity to learn and grow their skill set in operations, project management, and digital marketing alongside a supportive and passionate team of experts in a highly collaborative environment.
A Day in the Life
Most days you’ll start your day by preparing the daily internal communication, the Daily ’Spoke, followed by joining our daily team huddle to get everyone on the same page. After that, you might check emails and conduct a short intake call with a new potential client to determine if we might be a good fit for their website redesign. Then you might notice that one of our account managers has sold a new project, so you update our sales report and onboard the project into our project management system. At lunchtime, you might go for a walk and get some fresh air.
After lunch, you review the results of the bookkeeping survey that we recently sent out to members of the internal team and make a few recommendations for how we can improve our processes. Next you catch up on some administrative work, updating the team scorecard and following up on a past due invoice. After that you might jump onto a client call and take notes for one of our account managers.
You wrap up your day by spending some time completing an audit of our monthly subscription expenses to ensure that all of our recurring charges are still valid and canceling two that are no longer needed.
More about the Position
We’re Looking for Someone With…
- Highly organized with a passion for efficiency and keeping the trains running on time.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and prioritization skills
- Professional background in administrative, executive assistant or operations roles is a plus.
- Familiar with Google Workspace, including Google Docs and Sheets, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. Other technical, design and digital marketing programs are a plus.
- Ability to seamlessly organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects and team needs.
- Experience with project management and communications platforms.
- Excellent writing, communication and analysis skills — especially when communicating performance and data to team members or clients.
- Experience with management & communication tools and an ability & willingness to learn new ones
- An ownership mentality, who is excited about potentially becoming a co-owner of the company after three years
Year 1 Success Metrics
- Maintaining an average of 20% or less of customer invoices outstanding past 30 days
- All inquiries from potential new clients responded to within 24 hours
- Increased team engagement with our knowledge management system
- Supporting our Operations Manager and Client Services team with key administrative tasks
- Are you passionate about the core responsibilities and tasks of this role?
- Can you manage your time effectively and work well on your own to meet key objectives?
- Do you have high emotional intelligence and are you skillful working with your colleague’s diverse work styles and backgrounds to achieve the best result for the collective?
- Are you comfortable having open and honest conversations around difficult topics and coming up with creative solutions to delight multiple stakeholders?
- Do you value racial equity and working with people from diverse backgrounds and identities?
- Does the prospect of working at a worker-owned cooperative excite you, or are you interested in learning more?
- If you’re not sure about your answer to a few of these questions, are you excited by the challenge of learning how to develop these new skills?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, we want to meet you!
What Does 100% Remote Position Mean?
This is a 100% remote position. We will provide a computer and most necessities for your at-home office set-up. This position may require travel for our annual retreat, with the option of additional travel related to professional development opportunities. Travel and lodging for these activities will be covered by the company.
Why Join the PixelSpoke Team?
We have a lot of reasons for loving our workplace, but here are a few of the biggest ones:
- Our Core Values: Our culture determines how we communicate with each other and our clients, and everything we do is guided by our core values of Enjoy the Journey, Improve Every Day, Everybody Wins, Solution not Blame, Curiosity with a Purpose, and Authenticity.
- High Quality Work & Outstanding Clients: PixelSpoke has received numerous awards for our outstanding creative work for credit unions, and we actively seek out clients that are aligned with our desire to make the world a better place.
- Business as a Force For Good: As a worker-owned cooperative and certified B Corp that has been honored as a “Best for the World” company in 2017, 2018 and 2019, PixelSpoke strives to make the world a better place by treating our employees well and improving our environmental, community, and workplace impact.
Our Hiring Process
We have a more thorough hiring process than most small businesses. This is because we believe that the cost of a mis-hire is enormous to both an individual and a company. Our process consists of several interviews, a review of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We want you to find the ideal position for your skill set and strengths.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
People of all identities, including women, people of color, people with disabilities, people of different ages, veterans, members of the LGBTQ community, and formerly incarcerated individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. We have so much to say about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; please read our full statement at pixelspoke.com/careers.
If there is anything we can do to accommodate you to participate fully in the recruitment or interview process, please let us know in your cover letter or by emailing [email protected].
How to Apply
If you are excited to contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application process with a one-page cover letter that answers the following questions:
- Why are you excited about this position and working at PixelSpoke?
- Which core value resonated with you the most and why?
- What are your salary expectations?
Submit your cover letter and application here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/72019