Digital Analyst & Strategist
You will work closely with our small team to provide thorough web analytics analysis and strategic insights for how to improve our client’s websites and content.
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Remote from anywhere in the United States
Salary Range: $60,000 – $75,000
Enjoy the Journey With PixelSpoke!
PixelSpoke is an environment for the good-humored, analytical, creative spirits inside each of us — and we’re looking for the next outstanding team member.
About the Position
You will work closely with our small team of creative and talented individuals to delight our clients by providing thorough web analytics analysis and strategic insights for how to improve our client’s websites and content.
As a Digital Analyst and Strategist at PixelSpoke, you will be expected to do both the high-level work to shape and improve the processes that are a core function of your role as well as execute on the daily tasks for clients involved in following those processes. Executing strongly on both the process implementation and management as well as the daily work required of the role are equally important to the success of the team and company. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the improvement and implementation of our solutions for tracking, reporting, and generating insights based on online activity of our clients’ websites and third-party tools through Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, website optimization tools, and manual data analysis in collaboration with our Developers.
- Supporting our Digital Branch initiative for our credit union clients through split testing, benchmarking, user testing, data integration from multiple sources, documentation, and a deep understanding of our clients’ business goals and objectives.
- Providing and presenting digital marketing research, expertise, and strategic recommendations in collaboration with the Project Managers and Strategy/UX Director to generate monthly and quarterly client strategy decks to support sales.
- Cross-training and overseeing other PixelSpokers or freelance partners in using Google Analytics and your preferred data analysis tools and methods.
A Day in the Life
Your day-to-day activities in this role will vary through the week and through the month. Your mornings and afternoons will be split between client presentations, client or company meetings, and billable work. You may be working on:
- Delving into data in the spreadsheets with membership and loan reports our client sent over alongside their Google Analytics data to glean insights for their monthly Digital Branch report.
- Writing the questions for user testing or collaborating with our developers to define the goals and parameters of a split test to benchmark the performance of a client’s priority product page.
- Collaborating with the Strategy/UX and Development teams to support both teams with analytics tracking.
- Preparing or presenting a quarterly strategy deck or roadmap to a client.
- Collaborating with our Strategy/UX Director to brainstorm innovative ideas to pitch to clients in the coming quarter.
- Responding to client inquiries specific to analytics as requested by the Project Managers.
- Reviewing shared reports and/or collaborating with a top of the funnel SEO partner.
When you have spare capacity in your schedule, you send an email to our Project Managers and the Strategy/UX Director to see if there are any project management tasks or other Strategy work you can help them out with. On occasion, you may be asked to help out with mocking up some simple client wireframes. If you aren’t sent other billable assignments, you transition to working on your proposal for what metrics we should be tracking across all of our credit union clients’ websites. You check your to-do list towards the end of the day to make sure you’re on track with all your tasks, and send an email to the Project Managers to negotiate any due dates as needed before the work becomes overdue. A few team members send you a Google chat to wish you a good evening before you sign off for dinner.
More about the Position
We’re Looking for Someone With…
- Significant experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, split testing, benchmarking, user testing, and data integration from multiple sources.
- Significant experience providing digital marketing strategy.
- Excellent attention to detail and advanced analysis and project coordination skills.
- Ability to ask thoughtful questions to gain a deep understanding of our clients’ business goals and objectives.
- Commitment to documenting, following and improving processes in collaboration with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work alone on key tasks and double check your work without oversight.
Year 1 Success Metrics
- The majority of monthly client Google Analytics projects completed within the first two weeks of the month and the major quarterly client Google Analytics projects completed within the first month of the quarter.
- Provide a proposal for how to move our offerings forward for clients as it pertains to tracking, reporting, and generating insights based on online activity of our clients’ websites and third-party tools through Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, website optimization tools, and manual data analysis.
- Act as lead Strategist on up to half of our accounts with support on client context provided by our Project Managers.
- Support our Project Managers and Strategy/UX Director on key tasks.
It Would Also Be Nice, But in No Way Required If …
You had significant experience managing digital content and overseeing writers so that you could act as our in-house Content Manager. Let us know in your cover letter or resume if you have experience and interest in this area.
- Are you passionate about the core responsibilities and tasks of this role as it pertains to digital analysis and strategy?
- Do you have a proven track record of improving website performance through working with both quantitative and qualitative data sources, as well as large and small datasets?
- Are you comfortable having open and honest conversations around difficult topics and coming up with creative solutions to delight multiple stakeholders?
- Do you value racial equity and working with people from diverse backgrounds and identities?
- If you’re not sure about your answer to a few of these questions, are you excited by the challenge of learning how to develop these new skills?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, we want to meet you!
What Does 100% Remote Position Mean?
This is a 100% remote position. We will provide a computer and most necessities for your at-home office set-up. This position in particular may require additional travel to Portland, Oregon, up to 3 times a year for strategic planning (apart from the annual retreat). Travel and lodging for this will also be covered by the company.
If after the pandemic you would like to join us in the office and you are planning to or already reside in the Portland area, we would be delighted to have you do so, but there is no expectation. We would not cover moving expenses. To learn more about our remote work culture and the expectations for our remote employees, please see “A Word about Remote Work During and after the Coronavirus” at pixelspoke.com/careers.
Why Join the PixelSpoke Team?
We have a lot of reasons for loving our workplace, but here are a few of the biggest ones:
- Our Core Values: Our culture determines how we communicate with each other and our clients, and everything we do is guided by our core values of Enjoy the Journey, Improve Every Day, Everybody Wins, Solution not Blame, Curiosity with a Purpose, and Authenticity. Learn more about our core values at pixelspoke.com/who-we-are
- High Quality Work & Outstanding Clients: PixelSpoke has received numerous awards for our outstanding creative work, and we actively seek out clients that are aligned with our desire to make the world a better place.
- Business as a Force For Good: As a worker-owned cooperative and certified B Corp that has been honored as a “Best for the World” company in 2017, 2018 and 2019, PixelSpoke strives to make the world a better place by treating our employees well and improving our environmental, community, and workplace impact.
Our Hiring Process
We have a more thorough hiring process than most small businesses. This is because we believe that the cost of a mis-hire is enormous to both an individual and a company. Our process consists of several interviews, a review of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We want you to find the ideal position for your skill set and strengths.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
People of all identities, including women, people of color, people with disabilities, people of different ages, veterans, members of the LGBTQ community, and formerly incarcerated individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. We have so much to say about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; please read our full statement at pixelspoke.com/careers.
If there is anything we can do to accommodate you to participate fully in the recruitment or interview process, please let us know in your cover letter or by emailing [email protected].
How to Apply
If you feel you can contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application process by submitting your application here, along with a brief cover letter that answers the following questions:
- What are your salary expectations?
- Which core value resonated with you the most and why?
No phone calls, please.