Are you ready to build a better world, one pixel at a time?
PixelSpoke is an environment for the quick-witted, good-humored, analytical, creative spirits inside each of us — and we’re always looking for the next outstanding team member. If you can laugh at yourself, think on your feet, and have a passion for building creative solutions, PixelSpoke might be a good fit for you!
We’ve been called a “happy cult of goodness” by people who’ve observed our team in action, and we’ve happily adopted the description. PixelSpokers have a wide variety of interests and experiences, but we come together to form a pretty magical group.
If you want to do digital work that makes a difference, take a look at what it’s like to work here and what our open positions are below.
Why become a PixelSpoker?
We have a lot of reasons for loving our workplace, but here are a few of the biggest ones:
Team Member Benefits
PixelSpoke is committed to maintaining a motivated, positive work environment full of great people who share and live our core values. We believe physical and mental health is vital and offer strong benefits to keep folks healthy. We encourage everyone to get to the office by foot, bike, bus or MAX in order to make ourselves and the community a little healthier. We have yoga or massage every Thursday to help folks relax, and we have an unofficial tradition of making smoothies almost every day.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive compensation package
- 100% paid health insurance (after 60 day approval)
- Simple IRA retirement plan with 3% match
- Short- and long-term disability policy
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cooperative Bonus Plan
- Company paid ongoing training and personal development
- Vacation, personal time off and company paid holidays
- Outstanding working environment
- Family-friendly atmosphere and culture
- Working with other top performers driven to create great client results
Looking for more? Check out our Facebook page for some office antics.
Culture & Values
PixelSpoke is strongly committed to a set of core values. Every decision we make, from who to hire to what projects to take on to how we interact in the office, are all based on these values. We maintain our Learning Environment by holding weekly Lunch + Learns to collaborate and grow our skillsets, as well as supporting personal and professional development.
Business as a Force for Good
PixelSpoke is made up of people who care about the world we live in and are committed to making it a better place. As a certified B-Corp, PixelSpoke is using business as a force for good by implementing rigorous standards for environmental and community impact. On an individual level, members of our team are committed to environmental action, social justice, community development, the arts, and more.
Our office is located in the historic Oregon Trail building in downtown Portland, close to public transportation. Our wall of windows looks out onto leafy trees and a dangerous amount of delicious food carts. A mid-day walk to the waterfront or to Spella’s for coffee is definitely not an uncommon occurrence.
I worked at PixelSpoke before I moved back to California in 2011. It was the warmest work environment I’ve been in, and the whole team is whip smart. Cameron is super smart but is also one of the most generous people I have met in the business world and he has a huge heart for the world and for giving back.
— Jim Krill, 2009 – 2011
13 Years of Steady Growth
Father-son team Bill and Cameron Madill founded PixelSpoke on Bill’s birthday in 2003. A few years later, the operation moved from their living room into a real office. From there, PixelSpoke has grown into a tight-knit team of nine and has picked up quite a few awards along the way.More About Us
We work with two primary types of clients, all closely aligned with our desire to work with organizations that want to make the world a better place.
Credit Unions: We believe that local finance is a critical component of healthy communities, and we work with credit unions across the country to help them stand out and compete against the big guys.
Forward-Thinking Businesses: As a proud B Corp, we attract like-minded businesses that are committed to using business as a force for good.More About Our Clients
Our Hiring Process
We have a more thorough hiring process than most. This is because we believe that the cost of a mis-hire is enormous to both an individual and a company. Our process consists of several hours of interviews, an analysis of your career history, and reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our process. We want you to find the ideal position for your skillset and strengths.
How to Apply
If you know you can contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application by sending an email to [email protected] with:
- Your resume
- A brief cover letter
- Which of our core values resonated the most with you
- Any other specific items referenced on the job description
No phone calls, please. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Uncle 'Spoke Wants YOU!
Freelance Senior Web Designer
Web designers! We are looking for freelance partners on projects with progressive businesses. We’re a tight-knit team committed to doing excellent work while taking care of our partners, and each other. One of our greatest needs is for partners with a high level of ability in designing specifically for the web, rather than in print, or app design.
Are you …
- Passionate about creating beautiful, inspiring, and user-friendly design experiences?
- Able to manage an entire website redesign?
- Able to thoughtfully collaborate with developers, including technological implications of design decisions?
Do you have…
- Specialized knowledge of graphic design and layout methods and techniques specific to the digital medium?
- Ability to work respectfully and creatively within existing brand guidelines?
- A “What if we try … ?” mentality?
- Strict attention to details in IA and throughout the project?
- Demonstrated ability to work within established deadlines?
- High level of proficiency in design, web and multimedia software and applications, such as Adobe Creative Suite?
- Thorough understanding of and ability to adhere to grids?
Then we would love to hear from you! If you’re interested in doing freelance work with us, please send an email with links to your work to [email protected]