Are you ready to build a better world, one pixel at a time?
PixelSpoke is an environment for the quick-witted, good-humored, analytical, creative spirits inside each of us — and we’re always looking for the next outstanding team member. If you can laugh at yourself, think on your feet, and have a passion for building creative solutions, PixelSpoke might be a good fit for you!
We’re not currently hiring, but we’re always looking for A-Players. If you’re interested in joining the team, or working for us as a freelance strategist, copywriter, or designer, we would still be happy to hear from you.
Include your resume, a link to your LinkedIn profile, or a link to your online portfolio, as well as a note about which of our core values most resonates with you.
We're a Worker-Owned Cooperative
That means we’re owned and run democratically by our employees. After their first three years, all employees have the option to buy a share and become part-owner of the company.
We're a B Corp
In our last assessment, we scored the maximum points possible in the areas of employee engagement, internal employee promotions, worker empowerment, and personal development, among other areas.
PixelSpoke cares about the world we live in and is committed to using business as a force for good. We don’t just have one bottom line — we have three. People, planet, and profit drive all of our business decisions.
- Competitive compensation package, including a bonus policy
- 100% paid health insurance (Kaiser’s best plan)
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match
- Flexible work schedules
- Short- and long-term disability policy
- Life and accidental death & dismemberment policy
- Flexible spending account for healthcare, child care and travel
- Employee assistance program
- Income advance program
- Cooperative ownership buy-in option once tenure is reached and a candidacy period passed
- Vacation, personal time off and company paid holidays
- Weekly remote yoga sessions
- Weekly Lunch + Learns
- Monthly happy hours and quarterly team-building events
- Employee-led donation program
- Family-friendly culture
- Up to $200/year for bike maintenance
- Working with other top performers inspired to create great client results
- Company paid ongoing professional training and personal development
Emphasis on Wellness & Work-life Balance
We believe physical and mental health is vital and offer strong benefits to keep our team healthy and well. During COVID-19, we are all working remotely, but when we are not we encourage our teammates who are not working remotely to get to the office by foot, bike, bus, or Max in order to make ourselves and the community a little healthier.
We are also offering the following support to our team during COVID-19: a 100% remote work environment until further notice, virtual coffees, happy hours and team building events, additional PTO, up to three sessions with a wellness coach, and delivery of office supplies and furniture directly to employee homes to ensure an optimal working environment.
During COVID-19 and outside of it, we work hard to intentionally ensure that our team is working appropriate hours and has time to enjoy other interests outside of work.
I worked at PixelSpoke before I moved back to California in 2011. It was the warmest work environment I’ve been in, and the whole team is whip smart. Cameron is super smart but is also one of the most generous people I have met in the business world and he has a huge heart for the world and for giving back.
— Jim Krill, 2009 – 2011
Our Culture & Values
PixelSpoke is strongly committed to our six core values: Everybody Wins, Solutions Not Blame, Improve Every Day, Enjoy the Journey, Curiosity with a Purpose, and Authenticity. These values shape how we communicate with clients and each other. We hire employees around them, select clients around them, and sometimes take financial hits for them.More about our culture
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At PixelSpoke, we believe that we have a responsibility toward building an inclusive economy that creates opportunities for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We’re committed to equity, and we value a diverse workforce.
As part of this commitment, we seek team members whose diverse personal and professional background gives them a unique perspective to further PixelSpoke’s work with credit unions and other organizations that serve diverse member bases and marginalized communities. People of all identities, including women, people of color, people with disabilities, people of different ages, veterans, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We applaud the growing number of public and private sector organizations nationwide who are taking action to ensure that all Americans have the opportunity to succeed, including individuals who have had contact with the criminal justice system. When almost 70 million Americans — nearly one in three adults — have a criminal record, it is important to remove unnecessary barriers that may prevent these individuals from gaining access to employment, training, education and other basic tools required for success in life. PixelSpoke is committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals, a fair chance to participate in the American economy.
A Word about Remote Work During and after the Coronavirus
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are 100% remote as a company and expect to remain so at least until June 2021. We could easily see it lasting far longer depending on the outcomes of the pandemic. Prior to the pandemic, we already had two full-time remote employees. When the broader company is able to return to the office, we expect that we will likely reopen the office with most teammates working some portion of the week remotely and some portion of the week in the office; we honestly do not know what the future holds other than that we have 3 years on our office lease and would like to make some use of the space while we have it, should safe practices around the pandemic allow us to do so.
We provide a computer and most necessities for your at-home office set-up. Our expectations for any employee working remotely (either full time or some of the time) include:
- Team members are expected to be working as if they’re in the office. Team members must be available by phone and email as normal.
- All employees are expected to be “in the office” (their home office) between our core hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Pacific Time, with the flexibility to complete a normal 40-hour work week by starting earlier or ending later in whatever structure works best for them.
- All employees attend our 1-2 day annual retreat, a fun team bonding, strategic planning, and professional development event that is a highlight every year. Travel and lodging are covered by the company.