At PixelSpoke, we are very proud of our B Corp status. We are also proud of our CEO, Cameron Madill, for his role in building B Local PDX, a group of Certified B Corporations from Oregon & Southwest Washington working to foster and deepen connections among organizations in our region who share our purpose and passion for using business as a force for good.
On June 13, 2019, five ‘Spokers joined over 350 attendees at the annual BLD PNW conference, with a focus this year on “Building the B Ecosystem.” We heard from B Corp leaders, academics, nonprofits, and values-aligned community members. Here are 7 key takeaways (originally shared in the B Local PDX newsletter):
- You are not neutral. Equity work begins at the individual level.
- Authentic communication, trust, and shared values make up the foundation of a culture of collaboration.
- With the right combination of innovation and perseverance, your company can set the stage for industry-level change.
- Sometimes nonconformity is the most effective path to success in leadership.
- B Corps and nonprofits can merge inclusive economies and restorative economies to heal the planet.
- B Corps can effect systems change by establishing partnerships and collaborations that leverage collective authenticity.
- It’s time we rethink business to be more human-centered in order to foster engagement and increase impact.
Learn more about we’ve been acting on the takeaways above by checking out our 2018 Impact Report!
Photo at right by Russell Sparkman from FusionSpark Media, Inc.