David Drouin, Creative Director
I have worked as a visual designer for over fifteen years. The common thread throughout my career has been my drive to collaboratively develop the central visual concept and ensure that it is accurately and coherently brought to life.
I have always had a passion for listening and making sure that our clients feel heard. There is a unique and meaningful personality inside all organizations; the right questions help us to understand and communicate this personality.
I have worked at many kinds of design agencies. I started out in exhibit design, moved on to textbook publishing, spent time in Manhattan in the web division of a large agency, and worked as the art director for a national magazine here in Portland.
At PixelSpoke, I pursue the balance between the aesthetics and function of visual design; we always strive to create a visitor experience that is both useful and beautiful.
- What I love about Portland – The outdoors, the great food and drink, the people.
- My favorite place ever traveled – Nepal, because of the amazing people, scenery and tea.
- Hobbies – Brewing beer, riding motorcycles, rooting for the Portland Timbers (and now, the Thorns), raising chickens, gardening, beautifying my neighborhood, and exploring the great outdoors with my lovely wife.
- Weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten – Mistaking an extremely hot korsani pepper in Nepal for a green bean. Whoops!
- Bonus fact! I grew up in Texas, but the accent rarely comes out.