Bill Madill, Lead Developer
The defining theme of my 30-year career is a passion for using technology to solve business challenges.
In addition to many years as an executive and manager for companies like Intel, Informix and IBM, I am most proud of founding Synotac (now PixelSpoke) in 2003 and helping it continue to evolve. I lead PixelSpoke’s technology integration practice. By connecting different systems online, we help our clients bolster their sales, marketing and communications efforts.
I earned a B.S. in Mathematics from Stanford University from back in the stone age when undergraduate computer science classes weren’t offered. I took some graduate classes and earned a grant to use the computer lab at nights to program…so clearly I was destined to end up in this field.
I love to build ongoing relationships with clients and work with the excellent team we have assembled here. Life is too short to work with anyone but great people, clients and co-workers.
- What I love about Portland – walking around our fair city with my talented and artistic wife, sampling the cultural events, restaurants, libraries and art.
- My favorite place ever traveled – Vienna, where my wife and I spent six months as students studying German and listening to live classical music and opera in the evenings.
- Hobbies – I am also an avid swimmer, cyclist, hiker and outdoorsman…It wasn’t like this growing up in Southern California!
- Weirdest thing I’ve ever eaten – Sea cucumber
- Bonus fact! I own a house in the San Juan islands with my wife, her sisters, and her brother-in-law, and spend part of the year working remotely.